The Evangelical church was built for Evangelical spa guests in 1853-1857 from a public collection of German Protestants and also with the contribution of King Frederick William IV of Prussia.
The New Romanesque Evangelical Church in Mariánské Lázně was built in 1853-1857. The building land was purchased as early as 1852. However, the actual construction of the church did not begin until a year later. The governorate in Plana and subsequently the governorate in Prague refused to grant a building permit. The construction of a non-Catholic church was considered undesirable and provocative at that time. The local authorities were forced to grant permission for the building only after the Provincial Councillor W. von Kröcher (thanks to the support of King Frederick William IV) managed to obtain it directly from the Emperor in Vienna. The Protestant church was built by local builder Friedrich Zickler according to a design by the Berlin architect and court building councillor Gottlieb Christian Cantian. The construction of the church was largely financed by a public collection of German Protestants. Part of the costs were paid by King Frederick William IV of Prussia. The king also attended the consecration ceremony (24th June 1857).
In the vestibule of the Evangelical Church there is a memorial plaque and the monogram of the building council Gottlieb Christian Cantian. The flat-roofed, austere nave is dominated by a larger-than-life image of Christ. The stained glass windows date from 1907. They were donated by Emperor Wilhelm II.
After 1945, the Czech Brethren Evangelical Church took over the care of the Evangelical Church in Mariánské Lázně, which has been holding services here alternately with the Czechoslovak Hussite Church ever since.
Mírové náměstí 90/7,
353 01 Mariánské Lázně
Czech Republic